Thursday, August 27, 2009

Feel the Love: Texture in Art

Hello! I'm working on some 4x6 (postcard size) pieces for the TEXTURE themed swap I am hosting on atcsforall.com. This one involves various papers, paints, stamping, buttons, a vintage photo, glitter, microbeads and beeswax. I adore beeswax! So versatile and smells divine! But the more I look at this the more I think it still needs something... I'm thinking perhaps some stitching with twine/rough string? Not necessarily a border, but some "here and there" stitching to tie it all together a bit more... Whatcha think?

I love this one, as it feels very feminine and romantic to me. And it's composed of many materials and layers, with lovely bits of shimmer and sparkle. It starts with a base of handmade paper adhered to a bristol board base, covered liberally with gesso, with additional paper and beads added while the gesso was wet. Then I used shimmery purple and gold paints, and sealed with a thick layer of diamond glaze, sprinkling with fine glitter....and finally laced the edges with organza ribbon. Such fun!

Hope you are creating (playing!) too!

No comments:

Post a Comment