Friday, July 16, 2010

Summertime and the Living is BUSY!

Hi everyone in blogland!  June and the first half of July have buzzed right by in a flash!  Where did they go?  Sure hoping to slow down a little and enjoy the rest of the summer at a more leisurely pace.

First, I am happy to report that those tiny plants shown in my last post are still thriving.  Expect to be picking tomatoes within a week or two and am already using the herb plants.  Yay!  Simple joys.

Last month I had the pleasure of a trip to Rochester, NY for an artist gathering.  ArtForAll 2010.  Over 50 fabulous artists to interact and trade with, plus workshops and demonstrations.  And of course LOTS of talking and laughing!  What an amazing experience!  Too much to try to cover in this post, but let's just call it a slice of artistic heaven.

Took the opportunity of being so near to spend a couple of days in the Geneva, NY area.  Lived there for a short time, a long time ago.  I was able to stay at the wonderful Belhurst, where I used to work.  It is as lovely as I remember!  AND they have completed a beautiful expansion project which was fun to see and explore.  Here's a photo that focuses on the original castle building where I worked and stayed.


I also enjoyed a beautiful day at Niagara Falls State Park with my new and wonderful friend Patti M!  What a treat to enjoy such a majestic place with a fun and friendly tourguide at my side.  It was a great way to wrap up the vacation.



Life has been a busy hustle-bustle since I got home, filled with some of the unexpected, and frankly undesired, changes life sometimes throws us.  Praying that things are starting to settle down a little.  I've even managed to create a few new ATCs this week.  Here's a smattering...



I have a few larger projects needing my attention if life allows.  Here's hoping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment